Cat in the house: how it affects the upbringing of the child?
Statistics show that in every second apartment there are pets, and these data do not include the private sector, where there are even more such animals. Many people just need a pet who would meet after work and sincerely rejoiced at the return of the owner. This issue becomes even more topical when a child grows up in a family.
How does the cat affect the development of the baby?
1. A pet helps to raise a child in charge and now it’s not about walking or feeding a pet, the first one doesn’t matter to cats. An animal is not a toy, and for trying to hit, pinch, and pull by the tail, the cat will bite and scratch. By contacting the animal, the baby will learn to recognize the consequences of their actions;
2. Cats give positive emotions. It is hardly worth commenting on this thesis; they have already spoken and written about this, and quite a lot;
3. A cat, unlike the same dogs, will not frighten a child;
4. Such animals teach the child to be not only responsible, but also affectionate. Remember how pleasant it is to hold a purring, tender and warm lump in your hands; these sensations awaken in us the best manifestations;
5. Cats make sounds: purr, meow. Spending time with an animal, the baby inevitably develops the ability to reproduce these sounds.
As a child grows up, you can add pet care to the list of his daily duties: pouring food into a bowl, pouring water, replacing filler in a tray is not at all difficult, while performing these actions, the child brings up diligence and responsibility, which in itself It is important enough and the cat will help raise the child responsible.
Why precisely cat?
Among the huge variety of pets, modern people increasingly prefer cats, and there are reasons for that. Firstly, cats are patient enough and this is of great importance when it comes to interacting with a small child. It is not necessary for a furry friend to be purebred; a yard, purebred cat will certainly give a colorful range of bright emotions to not only the baby, but also to his parents. At the same time, caring for a cat will not require to go outside in any weather, as happens with a dog, or to carry in front of you buckets of water, as is the case with aquarium fish.
The fact that cats have a positive effect on children’s health has long been proven by science. The range of purring, which people like so much, is 20-30 Hertz. Scientists have managed to establish that the sound vibrations of such a frequency stimulate wound healing, help to overcome stress, and normalize blood pressure. It turns out that the presence of cats in the house is useful for all his household, regardless of age. If this topic is relevant to us, for more information, see Vumansk.
It is known that children from those families that sheltered cats develop faster and are always much smarter and more observant than their peers. It is impossible to ignore the fact that children who are in contact with such animals at home learn empathy and empathy more quickly, begin to understand and correctly interpret the emotions of those around them more quickly.
What you need to know, planning to have a cat in the house?
In order for the animal to experience comfort and not cause unnecessary trouble, household members of the apartment, where it is planned to bring a kitten, should learn the following rules:
1. The animal needs personal space and the ability to hide from everyone. You must admit that people, too, often strive for tranquility and solitude;
2. To start a cat should be no earlier than the baby will be 3, and better than 4 years;
3. Initially, the household will have to care for the pet until the child has become accustomed to the need to care for the pet. If the parents are not ready to help the child acquire the necessary skills, then it is better not to bring the animal into the house;
4. Anthelmintic events should be carried out at least 2 times a year. This requirement is of particular relevance given the fact that the baby in any case will be in contact with the cat;
5. It is necessary to ensure that the child washed his hands after contact with the pet.
You should also take into account the fact that a healthy cat is able to live up to 20 years. That is why, before you start a pet, you need to think hard about whether it is not bored after 3, 4, 5 years? If there is even a slight doubt, you should not take a cat. Even if negligent owners do not experience serious stress after getting rid of a cat, then for an animal, such behavior of people whom she trusted will become not only an insult for the rest of her life.